Parking Attendant team members will primarily monitor Zorayda Properties LLC shared parking lot, direct patrons to parking kiosks on property, and enforce parking lot rules. They also serve as a resource to visitors by answering relevant questions about St Augustine’s Historic District, other local attractions, the Villa Zorayda Museum and nearby community services. Additional assignments and maintenance tasks may be requested depending on skill level. Zorayda Properties LLC parking lot is shared by the following businesses; Chase Bank, One Sotheby’s Realty, Tour St Augustine, Claude’s Chocolate, Sweetwater Coffee Bar and Gallery, Tone Vendor, Price’s Barber Shop, Villa Zorayda Museum, and pay to park patrons.
The Parking Attendant will start each shift by putting out parking lot signage and picking up trash left in the parking lot. The Attendant is expected to stand and greet vehicles as they enter the parking lot, then determine if the patron is visiting a business on premise or looking for paid parking. They then will direct all patrons to parking kiosks for paid-parking and or complimentary business parking, and are expected to assist patrons with this process as needed. Parking Attendants are not be permitted to accept any cash payments. Accepting cash payments will result in immediate termination. The Attendant will be expected to monitor the parking lot by verifying tickets on vehicle dashboards every hour, which will require extensive walking throughout the day. This role will require standing for long periods of time each day, often for hours at a time. On a regular basis, you will have to deal with a large volume of cars, so the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is critical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor vehicles and patrons as they enter and exit parking lot
- Set up and take down parking lot signage each day
- Direct patrons to parking kiosk for parking tickets and information
- Pick up trash in parking lot and perform maintenance duties as needed
- Answer questions and provide information to patrons
- Direct patrons with cash payments inside the Villa Zorayda Museum during regular business hours. Collecting cash payments directly from customers will result in immediate termination.
- Actively check vehicles for parking ticket and request towing when applicable
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in the customer service industry
- Ability to be a self-stater, work independently, solve problems, and work under a flexible work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time, often hours at a time
- A high school diploma or GED certificate
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- The ability to work nights and weekends
- Patience for dealing with busy crowds