As a Parking Attendant, you will primarily monitor Zorayda Properties LLC shared parking lot, direct patrons to parking kiosks on property, provide information about the downtown area and local attractions, and enforce parking lot rules. Zorayda Properties LLC parking lot is shared by the following businesses; Chase Bank, One Sotheby’s Realty, Tour St Augustine, Claude’s Chocolate, Sweetwater Coffee Bar and Gallery, Tone Vendor, Price’s Barber Shop, Villa Zorayda Museum, and pay to park patrons. You will indirectly work for and represent the above businesses.
You will begin each shift by picking up trash left in parking lot and putting out parking lot signage, which can individually weigh up to 50lbs. You are expected to stand and greet vehicles as they enter the parking lot, then determine if the patron is visiting a business on premise or looking for paid parking. You will direct all patrons to parking kiosks for paid-parking or complimentary business parking and are expected to assist patrons with this process as needed. You will not be permitted to accept any cash payments. Accepting cash payments will result in immediate termination. You will monitor the parking lot by verifying tickets on vehicle dashboards every hour, which will require extensive walking throughout the day. You are expected to be able to stand for long periods of time each day, often for hours at a time. You will also serve as a resource to visitors by answering relevant questions about the St Augustine’s Historic District and the Villa Zorayda Museum. On a regular basis, you will have to deal with a large volume of cars, so the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is critical.
Parking Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitor vehicles and patrons as they enter and exit parking lot
· Set up and take down parking lot signage each day
· Direct patrons to parking kiosk for parking tickets and information
· Pick up trash in parking lot and perform maintenance duties as needed
· Answer questions and provide information to patrons
· Direct patrons with cash payments inside the Villa Zorayda Museum during regular business hours. Collecting cash payments directly from customers will result in immediate termination.
· Actively check vehicles for parking ticket and request towing when applicable
Parking Attendant Requirements and Qualifications
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Stand for long periods of time, often hours at a time
· A high school diploma or GED certificate
· A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· The ability to work nights and weekends
· Patience for dealing with busy crowds
· Perform light maintenance duties, including picking up trash and debris, yard work, blowing off driveways, sweeping, kiosks repairs, asphalt patching, and other tasks as assigned.